The citizens of Malta are granted visa free entrance to Ukraine for a tourist visit provided that their stay would not exceed 90 days in 180-day period.
All visitors should present a valid passport. Additionally, foreign citizen must be in posession of adequate funds for the duration of stay in Ukraine. The sum is approxiamtely 525 Euros per week (depending on current exchange rate for the day of entry). Border service may perform relevant random checks at the border crossing point.
In order to comply with the above regulation, foreign citizen must present either:
1. present for visual inspection cash currency of Ukraine or other convertible currency (US dollars, Euros).
2. a document that allows to receive the necessary (specified) amount of funds from a bank in Ukraine.
3. banking card of a major international payment systems (Visa, Mastercard) and bank statement indicating the amount available.
4. a document indicating reservation or payment for accomodation in Ukraine or paid up meals in Ukraine.
5. tourism service contract or tourist voucher.
6. invitation letter from a Ukrainian party indicating that such party will bear all the costs and expenses of a foreign citizen.
7. return ticket from Ukraine either the country of citizenship or residence or any third country.
However, it is important to know that the Maltese citizens still need a visa if they plan to work or study in Ukraine.
In order to find out more precise information regarding the visas of different categories for Maltese citizens to Ukraine it is recommended to address The Embassy of Ukraine to the Republic of Italy, the Republic of Malta and the Republic of San Marino (with residence in Rome, Italy).
The Embassy of Ukraine to the Republic of Italy, the Republic of Malta and the Republic of San Marino
Via Guido d'Arezzo, 9
00198 Rome, Italy
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com